Wednesday 2 February 2011

"Words create lies. Pain can be trusted."

So me and some friends decided to have a horror movie night, first on our playlist was Don't Look Now - the story of a couple who move to Venice to escape the memory of their recently dead daughter (she drowned. it was sad.)
However, I have to admit that I didn't see it all the way through. We survived about 45minutes and then my friends decided it was too dull to continue watching. I also found their yelps of 'AAH! NO MORE BOOBIES!' (as yet another nudity scene ensuses) quite distracting. I have to admit though, seeing Donald Sutherland - moustache and all - getting frisky put me off my brownie bites a little...
I hear it gets better and so intend to continue viewing, but until then I'm afraid I can't give you an opinion on it.

The next film was a Japanese horror about a woman who loves sadistic violence, Audition. I'm pleased to say that it was everything I expected. I won't spoil it, but I will say that it is NOT for the faint hearted.
I'd definitely reccommend it to anyone who's into scary movies and doesn't mind a bit of limb removal.

Rapid was next on our agenda. Your typical film about an infectious disease that spreads through humanity and makes everyone chunderous and violent.
Not really scary but definitely gross. Call me twisted, but I also found myself laughing a little at the sheer craziness of it all.

I hope my night of movie binging has inspired you to watch some horror films, just remember that it's always useful to have a pillow close by to hide behind when it all gets a little too horrific :P

Happy viewing!

(P.S. clicking the film titles will take you to the iMDB page)

Gracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment