Tuesday 1 June 2010

"Fockyerdoder"


Date Movie. Possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. I've seen the start of Epic Movie and Disaster Movie before but I stopped watching them before the end, I just couldn't bare it.

But tonight, there wasn't much on TV so I decided to give Date Movie a shot, I mean, it couldn't be that bad, could it?
Oh how wrong I was...

It starts badly, with a fat woman - Julia Jones - being 'pimped' (Pimp My Ride style) and it gets worse. There's a cat with bowel problems and a woman with a ridiculously large behind. Need I go on? At times it was so terrible that it caused me to lose almost all faith in humanity.

Another thing that upset me, was that the main character Julia, was played by Alyson Hannigan. Seriously, she can do so much better! She was in Buffy for goodness sake. Each stupid scene that she was in brought a tear to my eyes (metaphorically speaking).

The pathetic excuse for a plot line was badly strung together and I found myself not even caaring if things turned out ok for the protagonists. Tha acting was just as bad (this ofcourse excludes Alyson Hannigan) and I felt like throwing something at the television.

It's not that I have anything against slightly rude jokes and childish humour, but that's as long as it's funny. In my opinion, this movie definetely isn't. Surely you could put the money used for making this film to better use?

This film was clearly made for adolescent boys who's main interest is the 'eye-candy' (Sophie Monk). I would suggest that you don't waste your time watching it, but feel free to make up your own mind. If you disagree with me, please let me know, comments are welcome :)

To see the trailer, click here.
For a link to the IMDb page, click here.

ButtonPom x

1 comment:

  1. I watched it with you.
    You make me smile.
    Your post made me chuckle.
    My post made you smile.
    :)

    Katee.

    Oh, and my 'post' mentioned before can be found on www.sometimesinfootballyouhave2scoregoals.blogspot.com
    LOL. Look at me advertising.
    One more post, and then here I come YouTube!

    Katee.

    ReplyDelete