Thursday 10 June 2010

"That tall drink of water with the silver spoon up his ass."


Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman star in Shawshank Redemption, the story of a man wrongly charged for his wife and her lover's murder. In Shawshank Prison - run by the corrupt warden - he befriends a man named 'Red' (Freeman) and their friendship blossoms.

Robbins' character - Andy Dufresne - was a hard man to relate to and understand but as the film progresses, I find myself warming to him. He's a sweet guy and I feel so bad for him. As the film goes on, he improves life for his friends in prison, and sets up a prison library through persistance and hard work. On the whole, it's quite an inspirational film about hope and the strength of frienship.

I wanted to scream at times though, the prison is so corrupt. I swear, if I ever get my hands on those prison workers...grr.

It's an emotional film and I felt quite moved. There are some quite upsetting scenes in the movie, but you don't see anything explicit. However, I do think that immature or younger children won't fully appreciate the movie.

Overall I enjoyed it immensely. The acting was fantastic, especially from the two main roles, and there was a wide variety of different people in jail. Also, a film about prison is new to me as it isn't my typical type of movie. I recommend it to everyone, male and female, old and young (well, as young as 12).

Click here to view the IMDb page.

Click here to view the trailer.

Hope you like the movie, feel free to comment :)

Button Pom x

3 comments:

  1. This was a great film - definitely worth missing a few lessons for :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That film was so emotional. The ending was so good.... The main dude is strange but awesome. Overall, an amazing film. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL need to see the end of it!!
    I WILL some day see the end of it!!

    Katee.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete